Zbarazh castle existed on a place of the old settlement. In 1594 near the castle there was located 4000 Cossack homes. Oleksander Boretskyi built a palace, laid a park, a chapel and stables with purebred horses. In 1805 his daughter had constructed St.Anne church and Transfiguration church in 1819. In the second half of the 19th century the palace belonged to Czeslaw Zdyhovskyi, he had rebuilt it. The last owner was Sergei Mehring, who restored palace as well. It is not precisely known how Boretsky's palace looked, but we know that Boretskyi used to be a magnate and surrounded himself with appropriate lifestyle. Also, it's unknown what exactly had been changed in palace's exterior by Czeslaw Zdehovskyi and Mehring. The palace had the paintings of an old school German and Spanish painters and works of Stimler, Grottger. The paintings put up for sale by Zdehovskyi's son were estimated at 100,000 silver rubles. Part of Zdehovskyi's gallery had gotten to the Russian government. Now the former palace contains Staroprylutska specialized boarding school.
Vinnytsia region, Stara Pryluka village, Lipovetsky District, Vinnytsia region
49.382591 | 28.706376